Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Remarkable HR example #1 Deloitte Film Festival

Last week I asked for examples of remarkable HR, here is my favorite so far. This is the Deloitte Film Festival, where employees are asked to create films that in some way reflect the brand and employment at Deloitte. I challenge you to try and keep a straight face.

This is great stuff. It also reflects that idea of Remarkable HR that engages people, energizes them, builds dialog about a critical issue: what is this organization that I am in a relationship with, what does it mean to me as an employee, what does it give me, and what do I offer in return? Here is the overview video, there are more here (thanks to Employee Factor):





1 comment:

Jon Ingham said...

Yeah, great example. You can really feel the buzz (but without the cringe factor of E&Y's attempt some time ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaIq9o1H1yo).

Other suggestions I've posted on recently (http://strategic-hcm.blogspot.com) include Zappos (policies delivering customer service excellence) and Toyota (approaches to develop collaboration).

You might want to check out Dan Cable's book, Change to Strange - Create a Great Organisation by Building a Strange Workforce.

Strange = remarkable?

Jon.